This summer I’ve been focusing on creating more resources for parents. I wanted to offer more blogs, printable checklists, and webinars about topics that are helpful to parents. In my research, I’ve come across several really great books that have helped me both as a writer and a parent. I'm sharing this list since we will be talking about some of these topics in our upcoming webinar series. I hope you'll pick up a few to take along on your summer vacation, and let us know what you think! Just click the links below to order :)
workbook version (basically the same content as the book, but if you like written worksheet type exercises, the workbook may be for you). If you want a sneak preview, read my blog, Understanding and Supporting Your Child's Brain Development. I'll share my main takeaways, so you won't have to read it ;-)
- No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind
Written by the same authors, this book focuses more on the "how-to" part of parenting and discipline. I loved that it had lots of real world examples of what to say in common situations that came in the form of easy to read cartoons. Same deal as above with the workbook version - it's basically the same content as the book but includes written exercises.
Relating Webinar: Parenting Strategies That Foster Your Child's Optimal Brain Development (July 17 | 12 pm est)
- Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential
While the first two on the list were books that could apply to any parent, this one is geared specifically for parents with children who struggle to stay focused. This one teaches parents how to help their kids develop "executive skills" like time management and organization.
Relating Webinar: Build Your Child's Executive Skills To Help Them Reach Their Potential (July 31 | 12 pm est)
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, 3rd Edition: Life-Changing Tools for Healthy Relationships (Nonviolent Communication Guides)
We'll end with my personal favorite. This one can actually help you in all realms of life - not just parenting. I can honestly say this book changed my life. It's a short but powerful read and if you put it into practice, you'll reap benefits on many levels.
Relating Webinar: Using Nonviolent Communication Principles to Build Stronger Parent-Child Relationships (August 7 | 12 pm est) with special guest, Roberta Wall, certified NVC trainer.
If you're planning to get the books, let us know! :-)
Full parenting webinar SERIES (WEDNESDAYS AT NOON Eastern):
We have prizes to give away for all of these webinars! Click a link to register:
- July 17 - Parenting Strategies That Foster Your Child's Optimal Brain Development
- July 24 - The Science Behind Using Vibration Technology To Help Kids Focus
- July 31 - Build Your Child's Executive Skills To Help Them Reach Their Potential
- Aug 7 - Using Nonviolent Communication Principles to Build Stronger Parent-Child Relationships
- Aug 14 - Behavioral Interventions and Different Types of Therapies For Kids